Search Regex can search through data on your WordPress site. The kind of data is determined by the source. For example, the source could be your posts or comments.
Typically a source is a WordPress database table. Currently you can only search one source at a time.
Picking your source
You can pick your source from the search form:
You can pick from any of the standard source types, from a specific post type, or from a supported plugin.
Standard source type
A standard source type is any of the standard WordPress database table:
- All posts, pages, and custom post types
- User, comment, and post meta
Specific source type
As well as searching all posts, pages, and custom post types, you can pick a specific post type. The list of types is determined by the plugins you have installed on your site, and includes:
Certain plugins can extend Search Regex. The following plugins are supported:
Some sources support additional options that are only available on that source.
- All post types, including custom post types, support:
- Search GUID – Include searching the global unique ID. This is a unique ID assigned on creation, and is used in RSS feeds. Typically you don’t want to change this.
- Comments support:
- Include comment spam – include spam comments in the search